In today’s world, we are over stimulated, over-worked, and STRESSED!! Some times it’s major life decisions or situations that stress us out. And sometimes its every day “BS”. So here are 5 tips that you can do every day to help you de-stress from what-ever it is you’re stressing about:
- Take deep breaths counting to the number 10 – every breath should be a number (and that’s all you think about…that number)
- Exercise – exercising helps increase your endorphins, which helps boost your mood
- Eat a piece of dark chocolate! Yes, you read right. Dark chocolate also releases endorphins in the body, and it contains both serotonin (which acts like an anti-depressant) and contains theobromine (caffeine and other substances which are stimulants)
- Meditate. It can be very challenging, especially for those who have a “race horse” for a brain. But if you can control your thoughts and just take a few minutes a day to “zone out” – it can be amazing!
- And then you have the good ol’ cliche: “Life’s too short.” Don’t sweat the small stuff. Trying to keep things in perspective of how “serious” the matter is can help decrease stress. I can totally admit to stressing and obsessing over nonsense.