It’s usually December, when folks take a look back at the year that’s passed. But, with summer just around the corner—and plenty of opportunities to get back outdoors—it seemed like a great time to recap the best workout tracks from January through May.
Big beats continue to reign supreme in the gym.
The workout music royalty—Pitbull, Flo Rida and Lady GaGa—make their customary appearances in the top ten. Additionally, as you might expect, the list features a handful of dance cuts—with Breathe Carolina, Rihanna, and Cobra Starship each getting the remix treatment. Lastly, adding a little variety, there are the crossover hits—both from club producers (like Avicii), rockers (like Linkin Park), or both (like the collaboration between DJ Steve Aoki and Weezer frontman Rivers Cuomo).
Here’s the full list, according to votes placed at Run Hundred–the web’s most popular workout music blog.
- Breathe Carolina – Blackout (Wideboys Remix) – 128 BPM
- Flo Rida & Sia – Wild Ones – 129 BPM
- Lady GaGa – Marry The Night – 132 BPM
- Linkin Park – Burn It Down – 111 BPM
- Rihanna – We Found Love (Cahill Club Remix) – 128 BPM
- Avicii – Levels – 126 BPM
- Steve Aoki & Rivers Cuomo – Earthquakey People – 128 BPM
- Pitbull – Back in Time – 126 BPM
- The Wanted – Glad You Came – 127 BPM
- Cobra Starship & Sabi – You Make Me Feel… (Felix Leiter Remix) – 127 BPM
To find more workout songs, folks can check out the free database at RunHundred.com. Visitors can browse the song selections there by genre, tempo, and era—to find the music that best fits with their particular workout routine.